10-Minute White Bean Parmesan Spinach Soup
White Bean Parmesan Spinach Soup ready in 10 minutes is my kind of soup! Make a double batch and have plenty of leftovers for the weekly dinner rush!
This is one of those soups you look forward to AND long for after one of those long and hard days of life. You know those? We know them only too well over here. Maybe one day I’ll create a blog post with all the happenings of mine and my family’s life right now.
For now though, let’s focus on soup. Today happened to be one of those days: rushing home after hours spent in hospital with my dad, to find this soup, left over from early on in the week when I photographed it, and boy was I happy to find one serving size left in the pot!
THANK YOU FAMILY!
- For convenience purposes, I have used canned beans in this soup.
- You can use fresh tomatoes in place of canned tomatoes, for a richer flavour.
- Substitute spinach for kale if you don’t like spinach
- You’re more than welcome to add other vegetables, if you wish
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or stock)
- 1 (15-ounce | 420-g) can diced tomatoes, drained*
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (15-ounce) cans white beans (cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach (about 6 oz.)
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, (for serving)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot or saucepan, heat olive over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant (about 2-3 minutes), while stirring occasionally. Add in the broth, tomatoes, sugar, ¾ cup of parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all of the flavours together.
- Stir in the cannellini beans and spinach, and continue to simmer gently until the spinach has wilted, (about 2 minutes). Stir in the parsley and season with extra salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.