Crispy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini are so easy to make! One of THE best ways to enjoy zucchini! Crispy and crunchy, the perfect side dish OR snack!
Where did this Crispy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini come from? From having way too many zucchini in the house, all set to make this Spinach And Ricotta Zucchini Cannelloni into video, and changing my mind last minute. With this Crispy Garlic Parmesan Salmon going crazy on Facebook, I thought for just one second, what would happen if I merged THAT topping with THIS zucchini. Well. Holy zucchini. It came out better than expected.
With this recipe, I changed the recipe slightly and decided to use Panko breadcrumbs for added texture and crunch, rather than plain breadcrumbs.
- The larger the zucchini, the better!
- I used Panko for a crispier topping, but you can use normal breadcrumbs
- Fresh grated Parmesan tastes better in this recipe
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F | 200°C. Spray a baking tray or sheet with non stick cooking oil spray Place the zucchini halves, cut side up, on the baking sheet; set aside.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic in a small bowl. Pour in the melted butter; season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ⅓ teaspoon pepper (or to taste). Mix the ingredients together until the breadcrumbs absorb the butter (about 40 seconds).
- Spoon the mixture over each zucchini half, to evenly cover. Spray the topping with a little cooking oil spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the hot oven until the crust is golden and the zucchini halves are cooked through. Broil for a further 5 minutes on medium heat to crisp the topping.
- Garnish with parsley and serve as a side accompaniment to any main dish.
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.