Balsamic Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad is a quick and easy meal in a salad! Seared chicken, fresh mozzarella and tomato halves, creamy avocado slices and shredded basil leaves are drizzled with an incredible balsamic dressing that doubles as a marinade for the ultimate salad!
Balsamic Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad… Now THIS was and still is a family favourite!
With so many Caprese recipes making their way onto Cafe Delites, this salad has been a long time coming. My list of recipes is getting so out of control, I’ve made the extremely difficult decision to STAHP adding to it, and actually start COOKING from it. Best. Decision. Ever.
And I have a feeling this salad is going to be your next favourite. Because who doesn’t love Balsamic Chicken AND Caprese in the one sentence?
Traditionally, Caprese salads do not contain any balsamic vinegar OR avocados or chicken, but today, however, that has changed to make way for this bowl of epic flavours.
Taking some inspiration from this Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken, you’re first going to marinade your chicken in only 4 tablespoons of the balsamic marinade / dressing. You’re going to reserve the remaining dressing to use later and THEN, you’re going to sear said chicken until crispy on the edges and golden. For this salad I used boneless, skinless thighs, BUT you can use breasts if you wish!
After that, the salad comes together so FAST. Throw all ingredients into a bowl and dress with the reserved dressing. That’s kinda it.
Confesion time: This is our first recipe as a husband and wife ‘team’. Yeah, that’s right — Cafe Delites has gone from one lunatic (that would be me), to two psychos behind the scenes. I now have a personal dish-hand / taste-tester / husband under contract since he said, ‘I do.’
Say ‘hi’ Paul. Okay. Never mind.
Juicy, golden balsamic chicken………fresh grape or cherry tomatoes……fresh baby mozzarella balls (or bocconcini)…….
…….avocado slices……shredded fresh basil. Are you feeling it? Totally saved my marriage on a Monday.
Say hello to your new favourite salad.
WATCH THIS SALAD BEING MADE RIGHT HERE!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 8 per serve
ORIGINAL RECIPE BY KARINA, CAFEDELITES ©[/b]
- ¼ cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone)*
- 5 cups Romaine (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup mini mozzarella / bocconcini cheese balls
- ¼ cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Place chicken into a shallow dish; pour 4 tablespoons of the dressing / marinade onto the chicken and stir around to evenly coat chicken. Reserve the untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill or sear chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and chicken. Top with basil strips; drizzle with the remaining dressing; season with salt and pepper; serve.
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.