Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry
So quick and simple! This beautiful fragrant stir fry takes minutes to prepare, and is so full of flavour you’ll be drinking the finished sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce!
I know…this sounds a little weird, right? And the question may be…how the hell did this happen?
Well, remember the BLT Breakfast Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing from a couple weeks ago? That flavour lingered inside my brain. The beautiful sweetness and tanginess all mixed together to create an incredible sauce is all I can think about.
And I kept thinking about it up until last nights dinner. I had chicken. I had vegetables. I had honey and mustard. And everyone wanted a stir fry.
But I wanted something just a leeeedle different.
So, without further waiting on anyone, I went forth and created this.
A splash here. A whisk over there. A prayer to whoever was listening. And BAM.
So, when I get creative like this, I always sit and wait for the complaining or criticism. But nothing came my way. Just a pleasantly surprised family, who, after complaining while I was frying this up: ‘but, I don’t like Honey Mustard,’ changed their minds so fast they gave me slight whiplash.
Such a beautiful combination of Soy Sauce, Mustard and Honey, this.just.worked.
I used chicken thighs…I love the juicy chicken pieces in this. However, this would totally work with chicken breast too.
Try it. You need too. You know you want too. The curiosity is too much, in’t?
Weight Watchers: 6pp per serve!
- 1 tablespoon sesame or peanut oil
- 3 stalks shallots/green onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
- 500g | 1lbs boneless and skinless chicken thigh or breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 bunches Bok Choy, washed and halved
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 level teaspoons cornflour whisked with 1-2 tablespoon warm water
- Whisk all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan/skillet on medium-high heat. Add the shallots/green onions and carrots, and fry until onion is fragrant, (about 2 minutes). Add the chicken and fry until golden. Add the bok choy and the mushrooms, and fry again until book toy begins to wilt slightly.
- Pour in the honey mustard sauce, and allow everything to simmer for about 1 minute. Stir the cornflour mixture through the rest of the ingredients, and simmer for a further minute or two until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice of choice!
© 2015 – 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.