Honey Garlic Butter Salmon In Foil in under 20 minutes, then broiled (or grilled) for that extra golden, crispy and caramelised finish! So simple and only 4 main ingredients, with minimal mess to clean up!
Honey AND garlic butter all mixed together is one thing, but smearing it on a good side of salmon is something else! Baking it in its own foil packet makes it so juicy and tender, it falls apart on its own. Your new favourite salmon recipe is here!
How do I know you’ll love this recipe? Because…..I just do. In all seriousness, this Browned Butter Honey Garlic Salmon as been remade and reshared and repined over 200,000 times, I knew I had to come out with an easier recipe with less mess and clean up. With this recipe, there’s no need to brown any butter, BUT, we do melt the butter first. Then, we mix the honey and garlic through it. Ohhhhhh laaawwwwwdddd……
Then, we POUR and SMEAR the butter alllllll over this salmon, and you just know the flavours are going to go right through this fish, resulting in an incredible sweet, garlicky and salty flavour. Fold the foil over and seal it well to prevent any sauce seeping through any gaps. You want your sauce to STAY in your fish, right?
THEN, (because that’s not enough), you’re going to open your foil packet and broil (or grill for us Aussies) the salmon, which results in a caramelised, crispy top, and a tender, flakey middle. Gah!
THEN, you can either slice it up ready to serve to your guests….. OR….
…..pull it apart as soon as it comes out of the oven into a flakey mess and serve it over steamed rice or salad or vegetables or pasta. The options are endless.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- 1.2kg | 2½ pound side of salmon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
- Lemon slices (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C. Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking tray | sheet. Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter does not leak.
- Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness). Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill / broil under the grill / broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelise the top. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon slices.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.