With so many ‘complete meal’ salads on my blog, I wanted to share this easy Balsamic Chickpea Avocado Feta Salad in time for last minute Easter ideas, that happened to be low carb full of flavour. This is not only our typical, weekly family side salad; it sometimes passes as dinner served with grilled chicken pieces. It’s so versatile, you can cut the ingredients in half if you don’t need as much as I have here or if you’re serving it with another side, like those Crispy Garlic Butter Parmesan Smashed Potatoes. Or, you can pair it with any meat/fish to complete it as a meal.
With the added protein of chickpeas, and good fats in the avocados, it’s filling and healthy and absolutely delicious with a simple balsamic dressing.
The only recommendation I have, is to thoroughly wash, rinse and drain your chickpeas until the water runs clear. There’s no need to skin them either. But that part is completely up to you!
Dice and slice your other ingredients…
….bring them all together; drizzle with this balsamic dressing…..
And you have a simple yet beautiful, summery salad full of vibrant colours and flavours. No blenders or fancy equipment needed, and your side salad is ready in under 5 minutes. It doesn’t get any easier, right?
Have a safe and happy Easter everyone!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 4 cups shredded romaine (or cobb) lettuce
- 1x 14 oz | 400 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 14 oz | 400 g grape tomatoes, halved (or cherry tomatoes)
- 3.5 oz | 100 g reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 hass avocados, pitted, and chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine salad ingredients. Set aside.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a serving jug.
- Pour the dressing over the salad; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.