Strawberry Coconut Mojitos! A super refreshing Strawberry Mojito – with a coconut twist! Limes; mint leaves and coconut rum. This cocktail was a huge hit over here! Because Coconut Rum and Strawberry Syrup! Sorry for yelling.
This is one of the best cocktails we’ve ever tried. Sweet strawberry nectar mixes in with the coconut rum and the lime juice to dance in your mouth and fill you with Mojito pasión!
Usually, a mojito asks for simple syrup made with only water and sugar. I broke the rules….
…and accidentally on purpose added strawberry slices to the syrup to create a beautiful cocktail filled with sweet strawberry flavour.
I made these for us at the debut of 50 Shades Of Grey going on DVD (what? That’s an occasion, right?) But you can try these at your next barbecue session…or have your own 50 Shades party.
Strawberry Coconut MojitosPRINT SAVE go to your favorites
- 1 cup whole , fresh strawberries (or frozen if you don't have fresh), hulled and sliced
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
To Rim Glasses (this is optional):
- 2 tablespoons caster/powdered sugar (or super fine coconut) - you won't use this much, but it helps to rim the glasses
- 4 whole strawberries , sliced in half to the leaf but not sliced all the way through (see images above)
- Handful of mint leaves (reserve extra to garnish)
- 4 whole strawberries , sliced and divided
- 2 limes , divided
- 1/2 metric cup (4oz | 120ml) white coconut rum, divided
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup sparkling water or club soda
For The Strawberry Syrup:
- Combine strawberry syrup ingredients together in a small saucepan; bring to the boil; reduce heat and simmer gently while stirring occasionally until the syrup dissolves and a syrup forms. Set aside and allow to cool. Strain the strawberry pieces out of the syrup, so you're left with the syrup only. (Reserve them to eat with frozen yogurt or ice-cream)!
For The Mojitos:
- Wet rim of glass with the halved strawberries (reserve these strawberries to garnish when serving); then dip each glass into the sugar or fine coconut to create a rim (this is optional; adds a beautiful flavour but is more for decorative purposes).
- Divide mint leaves and strawberry slices into four cocktail (or serving) glasses. Juice one lime; add about 1 teaspoon of lime juice per glass. Using the back of your spoon, gently mull the strawberries, mint leaves and lime together until strawberries begin to macerate. Pour 2 tablespoons of the strained, cooled syrup into each glass.
- Cut the remaining lime into 8 wedges; add 2 lime wedges into each glass. Add the rum (about 2 tablespoons per glass), ice, and fill the glasses with sparkling water (or club soda). Stir and add (extra) fresh mint leaves to garnish.
Can I make this virgin with coconut milk? Thx