One Pan Honey Lemon Chicken Asparagus is THE ultimate sheet pan meal, perfect for meal preps or for lunch and dinner!
This One Pan Honey Lemon Chicken is so easy to prepare, its a matter of throwing everything onto a baking sheet and letting the oven do the work for you!
There’s nothing better than only washing one pan! Honey Lemon Chicken is a family favourite, just like this Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken. We’ll cook any piece of chicken with Honey Lemon flavours. So, I wanted to turn that chicken recipe into a beautiful sheet pan meal; one lower in fat and perfect for meal preps to keep our New Years resolutions in tact.
The perfect flavour combination = Honey > Lemon > Garlic > Soy. Combined with the dietary benefits of asparagus.
- Use room temperature chicken where possible! They will cook more evenly than refrigerated or cold chicken breasts
- You can substitute chicken thighs if you don’t like breasts
- Don’t like asparagus? Replace them with green beans, broccoli, zucchini, or cauliflower!
- Serve with potatoes or rice. Use the sauce in the pan to drizzle over your chosen side dish
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (optional for added flavour)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (or more to your tastes)
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 bunches asparagus (24 spears), woody ends removed
- 1 lemon, sliced to garnish
- Preheat oven 200°C | 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray and arrange the chicken on the sheet.
- Combine together the lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic, half of the parsley, salt and pepper. Pour three quarters of the honey lemon mixture over the chicken. Arrange the lemon slices over the top. Season with extra salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through to your liking. Arrange the asparagus around the chicken. Pour the remaining honey lemon mixture over the asparagus; season the asparagus with salt and pepper. Return to the oven to grill or broil until the chicken is golden and cooked through, and the asparagus is cooked. Garnish with the remaining parsley.
- Serve with a side of rice or potatoes.
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.