One Pan Honey Lemon Chicken Asparagus is THE ultimate sheet pan meal, perfect for meal preps or for lunch and dinner!
This One Pan Honey Lemon Chicken is so easy to prepare, its a matter of throwing everything onto a baking sheet and letting the oven do the work for you!
Sheet Pan Chicken
There’s nothing better than only washing one pan! Honey Lemon Chicken is a family favourite, just like this Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken. We’ll cook any piece of chicken with Honey Lemon flavours. So, I wanted to turn that chicken recipe into a beautiful sheet pan meal; one lower in fat and perfect for meal preps to keep our New Years resolutions in tact.
The perfect flavour combination = Honey > Lemon > Garlic > Soy. Combined with the dietary benefits of asparagus.
- Use room temperature chicken where possible! They will cook more evenly than refrigerated or cold chicken breasts
- You can substitute chicken thighs if you don’t like breasts
- Don’t like asparagus? Replace them with green beans, broccoli, zucchini, or cauliflower!
- Serve with potatoes or rice. Use the sauce in the pan to drizzle over your chosen side dish
WATCH US MAKE IT RIGHT HERE!
One Pan Honey Lemon Chicken Asparagus
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Salt, to season
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce (optional for added flavour)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, (or more to your tastes)
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 bunches asparagus (37-40 spears), woody ends removed
- 1 lemon, sliced to garnish
- Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven. Preheat oven 200°C | 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking oil spray. Arrange chicken on the sheet and season with salt; set aside.
- Combine together the lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic, half of the parsley, salt and pepper. Pour three quarters of the honey lemon mixture over the chicken. Arrange the lemon slices over the top. Season with extra salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Uncover, arrange the asparagus around the chicken. Pour the remaining honey lemon mixture over the asparagus; season the asparagus with salt and pepper. Return to the oven to grill or broil until the chicken is golden and the asparagus is cooked. Garnish with the remaining parsley.
- Serve with a side of rice or potatoes.