Italian Herb Bruschetta Chicken is a low carb alternative to a traditional Bruschetta! Transform ordinary chicken breasts into a delicious, flavourful meal!
Italian Herb Bruschetta Chicken is exactly like the traditional crusty bread version, but instead of bread, we use chicken rubbed with minced garlic and seasoned with Italian herbs for a lighter meal in minutes! Drizzled with balsamic glaze for an extra punch of flavour, the whole family loves this weekly dinner.
This was one of those meals I’d make almost daily when dieting, because somehow this chicken has so much flavour it doesn’t taste like ‘diet food’ at all. When out at a restaurant, what do we order? Bruschetta. Yes, even at breakfast. But you know what the best part is? Both the husband AND the kids love this just as much as I do, and that’s almost a miracle in itself!
Mothers and wives everywhere, you know what I mean. Right?
Bruschetta Chicken isn’t only a dinner recipe, either. You can also prepare this for lunch and enjoy it with a salad! If you don’t think you’ll have time to make it when you need it, you can prepare the Bruschetta topping the night before and allow the flavours to blend and marinate together before topping your chicken the next day! Cook your chicken the day before as well, and you’ll have a meal in minutes on demand!
Now, you CAN serve this without the glaze if you can’t find it or don’t want to make it (as pictured below 👇🏼)….
Personally, I think the balsamic glaze is what sets it off and completes it. If you can’t find balsamic glaze, you can make your own in less than 10 minutes, and it is SO worth it! But again, it’s completely up to you. I’ve included a homemade balsamic glaze in the recipe for you. Technically, balsamic glaze doesn’t need any sugar to thicken it into a glaze, however, I prefer just a hint of brown sugar — it’s a personal thing.
A few tips to get the perfect bruschetta chicken:
- Use a good blend of dried Italian herbs or Italian seasoning. If you prefer a milder blend, you can make your own mixture with dried oregano, dried basil, dried parsley, maybe some rosemary, or any other herbs you love
- I love Roma tomatoes with this Bruschetta. You can substitute with vine ripened tomatoes, or use grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes!
- Not a fan of red onion? No problem! Replace with finely chopped garlic!
- Try to use fresh parmesan cheese, and thinly shave slices with a vegetable peeler!
- You can sear your chicken in a pan OR grill in a grill pan (or use the barbecue for added flavour)
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 large boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning*
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (for cooking)
- 4 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ of a red onion, finely chopped (or 3 cloves finely chopped garlic)
- 4 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (OPTIONAL)
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, garlic and salt. Heat oil in a grill pan or skillet, and sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 6 minutes each side). Remove from pan; set aside and allow to rest.
- Combine the tomatoes, red onion, basil, olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt. Top each chicken breast with the tomato mixture and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately with balsamic glaze (optional).
- (If making from scratch, prepare while chicken is cooking.) Combine sugar (if using) and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze. (If not using sugar, allow to reduce for 12-15 minutes on low heat).
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.