A simple fresh and homemade white peach iced tea that’s better than any store bought iced tea and so addictive it will become your new favourite drink!
This White Peach Iced Tea recipe is SO easy and SO good!
Hi. My name is Karina. I’m a Peach Iced Tea-a-holic. The addiction is so bad over here that we go through litres of the stuff DAILY. (Call the diet police). So. To get a handle on the addiction, I’ve started making my own, and I have a feeling you will too after trying this recipe.
Yes, I always use the traditional yellow peaches (which you can also use if you don’t like white peaches. Wait. What?) BUT. Yellow peaches are so yesterday. Well, they are today since white peaches were on sale and yellow peaches have been out of stock.
Long story short: Made this white peach version. Loved it better. Loved it even more than Johnny Depp with eye liner. Don’t get me started.
Taking FULL advantage that exactly 86% of you are overseas and melting in an epic heatwave, I’m posting what I think is the ultimate in Peach Iced Tea. I know what you’re thinking. I see you over there, one judgemental eye brow raised thinking, HOW exactly is THIS the ultimate Iced Tea recipe?
First, the white peaches are sliced, then boiled until falling apart to make a beautifully sweet simple syrup. But that’s not all. The ultimate of ultimates here is the splash of pure vanilla extract that boost these peaches to a whole other hemisphere of tropical islands and beaches and crystal blue skies and a burning sun and Johnny Depp and……..wait.
While the peaches are off doing their thing, the tea is brewed to as strong or as weak as you like it. Personally, I like 6 tea bags in this recipe, because HELLO the flavour of tea is kinda important, right? BUT YOU, however, have the option to subtract a couple or add a couple, depending on how YOU like your iced tea.
THEN you mix it all together once it’s chilled, and THE ULTIMATE WHITE PEACH ICED TEA. At your service.
The only problem is it doesn’t last long. It’s a good problem to have!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Homemade White Peach Iced Tea
Peach Simple Syrup:
- 3 ripe white peaches , sliced*
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or a a granulated natural sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 cups water
- 6 tea bags (any good-quality black tea) - adjust to your tastes (more tea bags for stronger tea; less tea bags for weaker tea)
White Peach Simple Syrup:
- Combine the peach slices, granulated sugar (or sweetener), water and vanilla in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat; occasionally stirring until the sugar dissolves. Take off heat; cover pot with a lid and allow to steep for 30 minutes,
- Using a whisk or wooden spoon, break and mash the slices down until completely mushed.
- Place a bowl underneath a fine mesh strainer, and strain as much syrup out of the fruit as possible, pressing down the pieces until no more liquid is released. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator. Discard the stewed fruit**
- While the peaches are boiling; prepare your tea. Boil water in a kettle; pour into a large heat-proof jug / pitcher (if you can't to 8 cups at once, do 5-6 cups first, and boil the remaining cups straight afterwards). Add the tea bags to the jug steep for 5 minutes (no longer than that or the tea will become bitter in taste). Once brewed, remove tea bags and refrigerate to cool.
White Peach Ice Tea:
- Pour the peach simple syrup into the iced tea. Serve with fresh peach slices and ice!