Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs (LOW CARB) is a quick throw together chicken recipe all cooked in one pan!
Golden seared chicken thighs in a delicious garlic butter mushroom sauce with a hint of herbs is THE weeknight dinner everyone raves about! The perfect dinner when your faced with minimal ingredient and no time. Serve these Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs over rice, pasta, mashed potatoes OR lower carb options like mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles!
Who doesn’t love this flavour bomb? Many readers have been writing in asking how to simplify this Cheesy Garlic Butter Mushroom Stuffed Chicken recipe. Of COURSE I’m up for that and here it is! Garlic butter and mushrooms go hand in hand already, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. BUT throw in some juicy, golden chicken thighs and WHOA have mercy!
Boneless Chicken Thigh Recipe
We decided to use chicken thighs for this recipe because dark meat suits the natural juices released from mushrooms. Although we use chicken thighs, you can substitute them with skinless, boneless breasts or chicken tenders if you like and follow the rest of the directions. This is an extremely forgiving recipe!
With only a handful of ingredients, you’ll have one of the BEST and easiest chicken recipes hit your dinner table.
Once your chicken is seared, move onto your garlic butter mushrooms! Cook them in the same pan your chicken was in, scraping up any browned bits from the base of the pan for extra flavour in the mushrooms.
The simple sauce of the buttery garlic mushrooms mixed with the seared chicken is what really makes this Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs recipe amazing.
- Butter — we use unsalted to better adjust the saltiness in the recipe
- Garlic — use fresh or bottle minced garlic. Fresh is best!
- Mushrooms — brown or white mushrooms
- Herbs — we love thyme, rosemary and parsley! Not a fan of those? Use whatever herbs YOU like!
More chicken thigh recipes
Mushroom Chicken Thighs on VIDEO!
Garlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs
For The Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) boneless skinless chicken thighs (around 6-8 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dried thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces (250 g) sliced brown mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme and dried rosemary (adjust to your taste)
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and trim off excess fat. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, herbs, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken evenly with the combined seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken thighs in batches until browned on each side and no longer pink in centre (about 8 minutes each side, depending on thickness). Add remaining oil if needed for second batch. Transfer to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
- To the same pan or skillet, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic, parsley, thyme and rosemary; sauté until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Return chicken to the pan. Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.