Crispy Garlic Chicken Strips with Sweet Chilli Mayo
Tender pieces of Garlic flavoured chicken; breaded in Panko for added crunch; baked until golden and crispy; and less the fat than deep fried without losing all the flavours. How? Mixing a little oil into the egg wash.
Pairing these crispy and crunchy chicken pieces with my favourite mayonnaise — Sweet Chilli Mayo — makes this simply incredible.
These take less than 10 minutes to prep, 10-15 minutes in the oven, and dinner is on the table.
Better than the unhealthy-take-away-deep-fried version of crumbed chicken anything. And that Sweet Chilli Mayo! Oh…you have to try this one.
First: start by whisking together the garlic spiced egg mix. Add the chicken; mix it through; coat with a breadcrumbs mix; place onto oven tray; bake for a few minutes; serve.
That’s it. You won’t buy frozen nuggets ever again.
So crispy and golden…and the crunch these guys have is crazy good.
And squeeze over some lemon. (I have a thing for crumbed chicken and lemon).
Serve over some greens and enjoy every crispy bite!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 6pp (Chicken Strips) per person | 2pp (Sweet Chilli Mayo) per person
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , crushed (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley , finely chopped
- Sea salt to season
- 500 g | 1lbs skinless chicken breast fillets (or chicken thighs if your prefer), cut into strips
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup multigrain /whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat/light whole egg mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt for a healthier version)
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- a squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat oven 200c | 390f. Lightly grease a baking tray with cooking oil; wipe over with paper towel and set aside. (You may need 2 trays).
- Whisk eggs, oil, garlic, paprika and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add in chicken and mix to coat well until chicken strips are fully covered.
- Pour panko, breadcrumbs and Parmesan onto a separate plate, and dip chicken pieces one at a time into breadcrumbs. Coat well and place onto baking tray. Repeat with all chicken strips.
- Lightly spray the chicken strips evenly with cooking oil spray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway, until golden and cooked through.
- While the chicken strips are cooking, prepare the mayo by combining the mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt) and sweet chilli sauce together in bowl. Mix well and serve!
Cal: 74 | Fat: 4.5g | Carbs: 8.5g | Protein: 0.25g
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.