Creamy Garlic Butter Shrimp Piccata comes in time for you Valentine! Garlic butter shrimp coated in a rustic creamy garlic parmesan sauce with a hint of lemon, capers and spinach!
Leave people wondering if there is a hidden chef in your kitchen! Quick and easy to make, ready on the table in less than 15 minutes, you will even impress yourself!
Creamy Garlic Butter Shrimp Piccata
Garlic. Butter. Yeah, this is where it all begins. Much like this Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp recipe you guys are STILL loving, I wanted to make you guys something special for your Valentines Day, or just any ordinary day you want to spoil yourself or a loved one/s. THIS IS IT. The recipe of your dreams!
Taking Piccata to a whole other level!
What can you serve this Creamy Garlic Butter Shrimp Piccata with?
- We prefer ours served over rice that has been simmered with onions and garlic for added flavour. Mm-mm-mm.
- Also amazing over pasta that has been mixed through with olive oil, salt and garlic. Plus a touch of extra parmesan never hurt anyone.
- Garlic bread: soaking up creamy sauce with a warm piece of bread. It’s heaven.
What wine goes well with this?
I choose a white wine to go with this. A light Chardonnay or Pinot Gris pairs really well. For a sweeter wine, choose a Riesling or a Sparkling Moscato.
- You can use shrimp with tails on or off. We kept ours on for a visual impact as they photograph better.
- Try to find fresh wild caught shrimp. Frozen shrimp is good too, but fresh will always have a better flavour.
- If you don’t want to use salted butter, use unsalted and season shrimp to suit your taste.
- Feel free to use reduced fat cream (or light cream), half and half or heavy/thickened cream. You can also use evaporated milk as a low calorie substitution.
- If you don’t like capers, leave them out all together. The sauce is so good either way.
Watch How Easy This Creamy Garlic Butter Shrimp Piccata Recipe is!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Creamy Garlic Butter Shrimp Piccata is the recipe of your dreams! Garlic butter shrimp coated in a rustic creamy garlic parmesan sauce with a hint of lemon, capers and spinach! Leave people wondering if there is a hidden chef in your kitchen! Quick and easy to make, ready on the table in less than 15 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound (500 grams) shrimp, tails on or off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown shallot
- 1/2 cup dry white wine*
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat cream**
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 tablespoon of water)
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, adjust to your tastes
- 4 tablespoons rinsed and drained capers
- Lemon slices, to serve
- Fresh chopped parsley (extra), to garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Fry the onion in the butter remaining in the skillet. Pour in the white wine (if using), and allow to reduce to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan.
Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese and allow sauce to gently simmer for a further minute or so until the cheese melts through the sauce. (For a thicker sauce, add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.)
Add the shrimp back into the pan along with the lemon juice, capers and parsley; stir through. Take off the heat and serve immediately with lemon slices and extra parsley to garnish (if desired).
- Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.
*Use a good quality dry white wine such as a pinot griot or chardonnay.
White wine can also be substituted for chicken broth or left out completely. The flavour in the sauce will be altered.
**I use reduced fat cream (or light cream) for this recipe. Substitute with half and half if you wish, being careful not to bring the sauce to a boil or it may curdle. You can also use evaporated milk as a low calorie substitution.
Heavy or thickened cream may also be used and will not require thickening with cornstarch. Allow cream to reduce in a gentle simmer until thickened to your liking.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.