Creamy Sun Dried Tomato + Parmesan Chicken Zoodles
This sauce. THIS SAUCE. Okay. Let me back up for a sec. Sun dried tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese infused in a cream based sauce, enveloping crispy, golden pan fried chicken strips and zoodles for the craziest low carb fit-foodie comfort food without feeling like a fit-foodie.
I found a Zoodle maker over the weekend for $10. 10 bucks! So this is me breaking it in and popping its cherry.
Move over pasta. You are so over-rated. (for now, anyway.)
Proof is right here — you don’t need to spend your whole entire pay check on a Zoodle maker. Mine looks like this:
….and does the job, as you can see here ↓↓↓↓
However, if you don’t have one..or can’t find one, you can make fettuccini style ribbons with a normal vegetable peeler.
With minimal ingredients, a beautifully rich and creamy sauce is ready in less that 10 minutes with the extra addition of extra sun-dried tomatoes, a tonne of parmesan, red chilli flakes and dried basil.
Simply add your Zoodles for a healthy take on pasta (or add pre-cooked pasta if you like), and dinner is done!
Serve this, and you’re family and friends won’t miss pasta. They won’t even be mad at you.
Weight Watchers: 10pp per serve!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 700g | 1½ lb skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into strips
- 120g | 4oz fresh semi-dried tomato strips in oil, chopped *See Notes
- 100g | 3.5oz jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 300ml |1¼ cup thickened cream, reduced fat or full fat (or half and half)
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Dried basil seasoning
- Red chilli flakes
- 2 large Zucchini (or summer squash), made into Zoodles (use a vegetable grater if you don't have a Zoodle grater)
- Heat the butter in a pan/skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt. Pan fry until the chicken is golden browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Add both semi-dried and sun dried tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar (optional but adds extra flavour), and add the garlic; sauté until fragrant. (While the chicken is browning, prepare your Zoodles with a Zoodle maker OR with a normal vegetable peeler.)
- Lower heat, add the cream and the Parmesan cheese; simmer while stirring until the cheese has melted through. Sprinkle over salt, basil and red chilli flakes to your taste.
- Stir through the Zoodles and continue to simmer until the zoodles have softened to your liking (about 5-8 minutes) and serve.
© 2015 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.