A crispy, soft and gooey deep dish Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, with layers of cookie dough and cheesecake, is the ultimate dessert for cheesecake/cookie lovers everywhere!
Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie… Chocolate and cheesecake are perfectly combined and have never tasted so AWESOME together!
Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? No. Me either. This one is for the cookie lovers AND cheesecake lovers, because why not? I’ve been testing this recipe out for a couple of weeks now while the kids were here on school holidays, eagerly available to hoover the entire skillet, stuffing their faces until the recipe came out right.
What first started out with innocent children asking for my Nutella Stuffed Skillet Cookie, running out of Nutella (I know, the horror), and seeing what else I could stuff it with, the cream cheese at the back of the refrigerator was begging to be included in this cookie party. I mean, why not? I stuffed a Lemon Blueberry Cake with a Cheesecake layer. Then there was that Peanut Butter Cheesecake stuffed CHOCOLATE Cake.
Anyway, first, I started the trial and error by using said Nutella Skillet Cookie dough for this experiment. The only problem was, the dough is too runny in that recipe for this cookie, and the cheesecake mixture ran into the cookie instead of baking nicely to form the cheesecake layer. So, adding flour bit by bit into three more skillet cookies, adjusting the sugar quantities to get a fudgy outcome with MORE brown sugar and LESS white sugar (or sweetener), the final outcome (pictured allllllll over this post, I’m sorry sort of), means the ultimate skillet cookie is now complete!
First, make your cheesecake mature, then your cookie dough. Isn’t it beautiful?
Divide the dough in half…….like so 👇 👇 👇
THEN, proceed to press half out into your prepared skillet (or you can use a pie dish).
Pour the cheesecake mixture over the base…….and evenly spread like so 👇 👇 👇
THEN……press tablespoon pieces of cookie dough into discs (or weird shapes — like me), and cover your cheesecake mixture. It doesn’t have to be perfect (well, obviously), because when it bakes, the dough spreads evenly, baking into each piece to form the most beautiful skillet cookie on this blog. Like, um, so 👇 👇 👇
Now, if you’re feeling totally generous, yay for you. Divide into 16 slices and serve only your bestest friends and family, because only loved ones need a cookie like this one.
OR, smother in ice cream and serve, like so 👇 👇 👇
Ahhhhh, cheesecake. You complete me so.
Either way, and whatever you decide, you CANNOT go wrong!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
ORIGINAL CAFE DELITES © RECIPE!
- 8 ounces | 250 grams cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sweetener or powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light butter (or your spread of choice), softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or a natural sweetener
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour (plain or all purpose)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In small bowl, prepare cheesecake filling first. Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla with a beater until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sweetener/sugar and vanilla, and whisk until light and creamy. Add the egg and whisk again until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients into the wet with your hands to form a dough. If you find the dough too wet, add in a tablespoon extra flour at a time until a cookie dough is formed (a dough you can form into a ball and hold in your hands). Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Press half of the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the skillet (or pie dish) to form a base. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough. With remaining cookie dough, press tablespoon-sized dough in the palms of your hands and place them over the cream cheese mixture until fully covered (they will look like patches but will smooth over while baking). Sprinkle the top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and firm to the touch. Cool for 30 minutes to an hour and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until chilled OR serve warm.
- Cut into 16 slices. Can be stored in the refrigerator.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.