Banana Bread French Toast
With a beautifully decadent buttery pecan syrup! The cheat way of enjoying Banana Bread… And for breakfast! No oven. No waiting time. And definitely no need to bake banana bread before hand to make this! So quick and simple! Just cook and eat in under 10 minutes!
This was a total experiment. Mixing banana into the egg wash was a HUGE SUCCESS!! This tastes EXACTLY like Banana Bread! A beautiful breakfast idea!
Weight Watchers 5pp for the French Toast And Weight Watchers 1pp for the Buttered Maple Pecan Topping!
My curiosity and insomnia at midnight lead me to create this amazing French Toast. I figured, if I make banana pancakes by adding adding mashed banana into the batter, I wondered what would happen by replicating it into the egg wash for French toast!
Well..it was a total success! kinda like my own science experiment, and I’m so happy I created it! This was like restaurant quality food! For breakfast! This would be great as a dessert too! Just split it in half with someone and enjoy. And for a total of Weight Watchers 6pp?!?! 6PP!!!!!
Can you tell I’m so excitedddd!!
- 1/3 mashed Banana
- 1/4 liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon natural sweetener or your sugar of choice
- 2 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon crushed pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon sweetener/sugar
- 1 teaspoon light butter/coconut oil
- Mix all French Toast ingredients into a bowl. Soak bread (one at a time) into the egg mix.
- Coat a pan with oil or cooking spray, and fry soaked bread on low heat (These are a little more delicate than normal French toasts).
- Once browned on one side, flip gently. When golden and cooked through, remove and place onto plate.
- In the same pan, fry pecans, sugar and butter until pecans are golden and crisp. Top French toasts with buttered pecans, maple syrup and banana slices.