Chicken Satay Fried Rice
Well what more could I say? This recipe is on my new favourites list! The whole family was satisfied after this and asked for this again for tomorrow nights dinner!
This satay. Well, I think the word satay describes itself!
Beautiful and creamy, peanut buttery goodness with a quarter of the fat than original oily satay!
I made this using my typical chicken satay recipe, but then mixing rice into it? Well, it’s like the PERFECT fried rice!
Low in fat and full of flavour! I use a mix of peanut flour with peanut butter in this, but you can use normal peanut butter!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 kg | 2lbs chicken thigh fillets , trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion , sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large carrot , sliced
- 1 broccoli , cut into florets
- 1 red capsicum/bell pepper , sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum/bell pepper , sliced
- 1 cup snow peas , trimmed
- 1 large zucchini , sliced
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut flour (I use <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GJ9JWS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002GJ9JWS&linkCode=as2&tag=cafedeli-20&linkId=S2I2TWCMNCMDPP35">Powdered Peanut Butter</a><img src="http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=cafedeli-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B002GJ9JWS" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />)
- 1 tablespoon natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt to season
- 2 cup steamed brown rice
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan or wok. Add chicken, onion and garlic and stir-fry, until chicken is browned.
- Add all vegetables, coconut milk, peanut flour and butter and sugar. Mix to combine. Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is tender and sauce has reduced and thickened. Season with salt and mix in rice.