No Bake Nutella Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Parfait
Nutella + Cheesecake + Chocolate Chip Cookies + Nutella Fudge. Lower in fat, calories and Weight Watchers Points than the usual Nutella Cheesecake. Super indulgent; rich and creamy. All in a glass. And all ready in under 15 minutes!
Ha. Kidding. It’s not the end. It could never be the end with these things staring at you in the face.
I think I hear a hallelujah.
Story goes….I was minding my own business baking some cookies. Turning your favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks into…well…normal looking cookies.
I noticed the Nutella staring down at me…giving me this look of abandonment. Now…I had it in my head and on good authority to make you guys a cheesecake. But…running after 3 sick kids last week meant no ‘me’ time. Which also meant no cheesecake time.
So, I had to improvise.
The best decision I think I’ve ever made.
Because creamy swirls of ‘cheesecake’ and Nutella is every woman’s dream come true.
I know most Nutella Parfaits ask for crushed Oreos…And because I’d given you the Raspberry Oreo Parfaits….I wanted to try something different. It was chocolate chip cookies turn.
We tried the whole, ‘just cookies with this Nutella Cheesecake’ glass of heaven…and it was good. Really good. But it was missing something extra. Something so rich and decadent that it completed every part of our souls.
Nutella Fudge. Yeah. I see you drooling over there.
Of course…you can use any cookies you like in these. Store bought…or your favourite cookie recipe.
But these cookies? They only take 10 minutes in the oven. And while they’re baking…you get your cheesecake Nutella freak on, so by the time your cookies are ready and making your mouth water in unholy ways…your parfaits are ready for building. With warm…fresh outta the oven…chewy and irresistible cookies.
Ugh! So creamy. And there are more of these in my kitchen as I type.
With the right amount of fudge for an extra amount of Nutella. I have a feeling the boys won’t be wanting any milkshakes at the yard when they see these things.
Weight Watchers: 6pp per parfait!
- 1x 250g | 8oz tub reduced fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup fat free Greek yogurt (or any plain yogurt)
- ½ cup Nutella (or Hazelnut Cacao Spread for a healthier alternative)
- 1-2 tablespoons caster/powdered sugar (or sugar of choice: adjust to your tastes)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks made into 12 big round cookies (1 tablespoon full of cookie dough per cookie on a lined baking sheet following recipe instructions here) instead of one whole slab (*See Notes)
- ¼ cup Nutella (extra)
- 3 tablespoons milk + more if needed (low fat/skim or almond is fine)
- Prepare cookies in advance (they take 10 minutes to bake while making your cream cheese mixture); or use any other chocolate chip cookies of your choice.
- Combine together the cream cheese and yogurt; mix until smooth. Add the Nutella, sugar and cocoa powder. Slowly mix while pressing the powder down with your metal spoon until the cocoa powder had dissolved into the cream cheese mixture. Beat until all ingredients have combined and the mixture is smooth and lump free. Alternatively, beat with a hand held beater on low-medium speed until smooth.
- Heat the Nutella in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds, remove and mix. Add the milk (3 tablespoons first), and whisk well until smooth and thin in consistency (like a Hot Fudge Sauce). Add extra milk only if needed.
- Alternatively, place in a heatproof dish over a pot of boiling water and whisk until smooth and heated through (be careful not to get any water in the Nutella, or it will seize).
- Break 6 cookies up by hand for a chunkier base; or pulse them in a magic bullet small cup (or small blender) or a food processor if you prefer a finer cookie base.
- Divide the cookies amongst the parfait glasses. Add 2 tablespoons of cookie crumbles or chunks into the base of each glass. Layer with the cheesecake mixture (about 2 tablespoons) over the cookies; drizzle with a small amount of Nutella Fudge Sauce; swirl the sauce with the back of a metal knife; pour in another tablespoon of cheesecake mixture. Top with remaining cookie pieces and drizzle with extra sauce.
*1 cookie was used per parfait as they are big when made into rounds, leaving left over cookies! You can use more if you wish.
© 2015, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.