Snickers Fudge Brownies
Well this is the best thing that I’ve seen for a while!
Ok..so there’s a story behind these beautiful creations. Well, there’s a story behind all of my creations, but these are an exceptional exception! Why? Well, I’ll tell ya. A very good friend of mine, Tina, was stuffing her face with a Snickers bar just before a Zumba class…BUT! That’s not all my friends. She was about to instruct the class. I knowwww!
So I solemnley swore to her that I would make her a healthy version of a snickers… and call it Tina’s Snickers Fudge Brownies. And I promise, no BEANS of any sort were hurt during the making of these brilliant beautiful bars.I made these using Spelt flour, which I am Absolutely in love with, but any flour is fine. And topping them with a thick and HEALTHY caramel topping, along with melted chocolate…well, I think Tina will kill me if I don’t drop these off to her soon.
These were AMAZING and perfect for freezing and saving for those chocolate cravings! Super fudgy! As much as I love baking with beans, I’m so happy these turned out so moist and perfect without them!
Snickers Fudge Brownies
- 1/4 cup light butter/coconut oil , melted
- 1/2 cup natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup peanut and cacao spread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt flour (or plain/all purpose)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup low fat vanilla yoghurt
- CARAMEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup fresh pitted Medjool dates (approx 5 dates)
- 1/8 cup sweetener/sugar of choice
- 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (can be sugar free - sub with agave or rice malt syrup)
- EXTRA TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons milk or dark chocolate chips , melted
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven 176c | 350F. Spray a 8x8-inch baking pan with oil spray, wipe over with a paper towel, and set aside.
- Whisk butter/oil, sweetener/sugar, water, spread, yoghurt and vanilla extract until combined. Add flour, baking powder cocoa powder and yoghurt. Mix well with a wooden spoon, but be careful not to over beat. The batter will be thick but smooth.
- Pour batter into baking tray and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- While brownies are baking, make caramel topping. Throw dates, sweetener/sugar, milk and vanilla into a food processor. Process for approx 5 minutes, scraping down the sides with a spatula, until smooth and thick. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring between intervals with a metal fork.
- When brownies are done, remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes before placing onto a wire rack. Top with caramel topping and drizzle with melted chocolate. Sprinkle peanuts on top! ENJOY!