Nutella Fruit French Toast Cannoli
An assortment of juicy sweet berries and banana; mixed with Nutella; wrapped around a blanket of french toast; dusted with icing sugar. The End.
Ok well not really, but that pretty much sums it up well.
Remember those French Toast Banana Fritters I made a while ago? My answer to fritter addiction dilemmas, without the fat content. They exploded all over my Instagram account, with pages and pages still using them for their own shout-outs. (Instagram language 101).
Well, I’ve been wanting to remake them for a while when a friend of mine over in Instagram world suggested this. Can I just say, I’ll love her forever.
And it’s no secret my preferred breakfast of choice is French Toasts. Add a love for cannoli, and mix it all together to get this.
And this one would make the perfect breakfast to make everyones Christmas morning even better than it already is — or will be.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons skim/low fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices sandwich bread of choice , (I use sourdough)
- 4 tablespoons Nutella , divided (or any hazelnut chocolate/cacao spread)
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries (small pieces)
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 ripe banana , cut in thirds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar OR cinnamon sugar for coating (optional) -- (about only 1 tablespoon is used per cannoli)
- butter for greasing
- Whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla together in a medium sized shallow bowl, large enough to fit the rolls, and set aside.
- Cut the crust from the bread pieces, and with a rolling pin, gently roll out and flatten each piece of bread. Be careful not to press too hard or they will break.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon Nutella per bread piece onto bread. Fill 1/3 of the bread slice with the strawberries/blueberries or banana, and roll the bread up gently and tightly around the fruit side first (the nutella will keep it in place) until a roll has formed. Set aside seam side down. Repeat with remaining bread until all rolls are done.
- Heat pan with add a little butter or a spray of cooking oil on low-medium heat.
- Dip the rolls into the egg mixture, turning them to coat evenly, and place them seam side down into the pan. Cook until golden brown, making sure to turn them about every 2-3 minutes so they brown evenly on all sides.
- While they're cooking, pour the sugar onto a small plate.
- When fully cooked, remove them and place immediately into the sugar. Roll them until completely covered.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.