French Toast Banana Fritters!
I love Banana Fritters! But I don’t love the massive deep fried fat content that comes with them. And I love French Toast!
So! My brain went into over drive and I made my own!! French Toast Banana Fritters!
What did I say? Or more importantly, did I write that…errr…right? Why yes I did!
These were dessert in my house…but they’d be an exceptional breakfast! So I HAD to share!
Only 256 calories!! Weight Watchers 5pp!
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites (2 egg whites)
- 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon granulated sweetener/raw sugar
- 2 pieces bread of choice , crusts removed
- 1 small banana , cut in half
- Whisk egg whites, milk, vanilla and sweetener/sugar until combined.
- Roll bread flat with a small rolling pin. Place banana halves into each bread slice and roll them up.
- Dip the sides of the rolls quickly into the egg wash (Don't soak them too much...just enough to coat).
- Pan fry on a non stick pan, turning on each side until golden brown and cooked through all over.
- Serve with maple syrup, yoghurt, ice cream, icing sugar etc!