Grilled Chicken Cobb Caesar Salad is a meal in a salad, mixing two of your favourites into one delicious bowl!
Chicken Caesar salad is hands down one of the most popular and loved salads around the world. So is a good Cobb salad. Merging two into one? EVEN BETTER!
This HUGE salad was our lunch a couple of weeks ago, and we have been so flat out creating videos, expanding our team and training some amazing people, that I haven’t had the chance to sit down and share anything properly! This week however, that’s all changing! I hope you’re as excited as I am!
The SKINNY Chicken Caesar Salad from a couple of years ago is STILL making the rounds on the internet, and I was showing our new team members some of the recipes I’ve been dreaming of turning into video. THAT salad was one of them. But THEN, this Cobb salad jumped out at me and I thought WHAT-IF-I-MERGE-BOTH-INTO-ONE? WHAT-WOULD-HAPPEN?
COBB SALAD + CAESAR SALAD
Seasoning the chicken in lemon and oregano for some epic Greek flavours, then grilling said chicken for a charcoal, barbecued flavour, kicks it all off. Adding some perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs, croutons, tomatoes, avocados, parmesan. Crispy bacon compliments the chicken so much so that you don’t even know which way to direct your fork! BUT THEN comes the dressing. Or should I say, THE DRESSING.
THIS caesar dressing is one of the best caesar salad dressings you will ever try. I use a mixture of Greek yogurt and mayo instead if using only mayo, to help cut down on the calories situation. I figure, the more calories saved in the dressing, the more bacon and avocado and egg you can enjoy.
Plus, the slight tang you get from the Greek yogurt takes this dressing from good to addictive!
Grilled Chicken Caesar Cobb Salad
- 2 large chicken breast fillets , skinless
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 large garlic clove, minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup diced bacon
- 2 eggs , hard boiled
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce leaves , washed and dried
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise (reduced fat)
- 1/4 cup non fat Greek yogurt (or sour cream -- full fat or reduced fat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- 3-4 anchovy fillets , finely chopped (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Season chicken with the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat a non stick grill pan (or skillet) with a small amount of olive oil; grill chicken until golden on both sides and cooked through. Remove the chicken, cover and set aside to allow to rest.(While chicken is cooking, fry you bacon and boil your eggs.)For the Caesar Dressing: Mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice and parmesan. Whisk until well combined; add salt and pepper to your tastes, and whisk again. Taste test and adjust the salt and pepper to your taste. Add the water for a thinner consistency.Assemble Salad: Slice chicken into thick slices. Chop up the bacon and slice the eggs. Ina. large bowl, combine lettuce with the avocado, tomatoes, parmesan cheese and croutons. Top with the chicken, bacon and eggs. Pour over the dressing; top with the croutons, mix well to combine and serve!
This salad is fabulous. We love the dressing!
It’s a wow!!!!
Kirti Yadav says
Such an amazing combination of ingredients and too in a salad! Children will not make disgusting faces on serving salads 🙂
Great mix of ingredients. and the presentation is really very nice. Thanks for sharing the recipe