Clean Eating Strawberry Quinoa Kale Salad (By iFOODreal)
Hey guys. My name is Olena and I blog at iFOODreal about Clean Eating Recipes. Today I will be diluting Karina’s sea of Reese’s cookies, saucy chicken and gooey blondies with my vegan clean eating salad with quinoa, kale and strawberries. I hope I didn’t lose you right there because it might be a good way to detox your body before Karina comes up with another irresistible oooey – gooey dessert!
While I never baked a skillet cookie in my life (do you use stove top or oven? I have no idea!), I’m huge on salads! In the last few years, kale and quinoa made our life substantially easier in that department – now salad can be a superfood one meal in a blink of an eye. Especially after work when you are exhausted, dinner is not made and kids are driving you crazy. Kids quick dinners seem so easy – whole wheat pasta, tomato sauce, cut up veggies; for adults – I often turn to salads.
Naturally packed with protein, nutrients and cancer fighting flavonoids, kale and quinoa are a staple in my kitchen. Besides eating clean we try to consume a lot of plant-based foods. Kale makes amazing smoothies and it’s the only way I can make my kids eat kale. Quinoa doesn’t cease to amaze me, from falafel to breakfast, you can’t beat its 15 minute cooking time and nutrition profile. Having a stash of frozen cooked quinoa helps a lot to avoid starchy bread or pasta.
This Strawberry Quinoa Kale Salad literally takes 15 minutes to make. I made it for our “cream and butter” friends, my family and even my mom who at the age of 63 eats mostly plant-based due to health issues. Everyone loves this salad! It is sweet, crunchy and chewy. Strawberries with balsamic vinegar – can’t go wrong. I can’t say my kids were ecstatic but they ate it, strawberries and pasta helped a lot.:) It would be great for work if you refrigerate salad and dressing separately. Also feel free to use any greens, seeds or nuts you have on hand.
Enjoy and be healthy! I have included nutritional info with Weight Watchers Points for those who care below.
You can find more simple and delicious Clean Eating recipes on my blog, Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram.
Clean Eating Strawberry Quinoa Kale Salad
- 2 cups quinoa , cooked
- 5 cups chopped kale (stalks removed) or any greens, packed
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (optionally toasted)
- 1/2 cup strawberries , hulled and sliced
- 2 cups strawberries , thawed or fresh
- 2 - 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil , extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes (more to taste)
- Add quinoa, kale, sunflower seeds and strawberries to a large salad bowl. Toast sunflower seeds in a small skillet on low-medium heat until lightly brown, about 2 minutes (optional but tasty step). Stir frequently and watch closely not to burn. Transfer to a salad bowl.
- In a blender or small food processor, add *Strawberry Vinaigrette* ingredients and process until smooth. Pour over salad, gently stir and serve.
Dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and added to salad as needed.
Loving all your recipes and I can’t wait to try this one. But you should note that your Net carbs is set to 0.0 and it should be 28.2.
Thanks for that!
dedy oktavianus pardede says
i’m not a salad person, but ithink this is definitely taste good!!!
I’m sure it did too!