Avocado Alfredo Zoodles With Chicken And Sun Dried Tomatoes. A delicious no guilt dinner. Rich, thick and creamy thanks to a healthy avocado alfredo sauce without the use of any cream! Healthy fats, low in carbs, and absolutely delicious. Packed with sun dried tomatoes and chicken, even non veg fans will love this! Make it non-dairy, the choice is yours.
With the perfect combination of protein, healthy fats and low carb count, these Alfredo Zoodles are so filling!
All up, this takes about 10-15 minutes to make, depending on the type of zoodle maker you have! Once you have your zoodles ready, cooking goes by so fast you’ll be eating before you know it.
A few of you have been asking for a healthier cream in those Creamy Sun Dried Tomato + Parmesan Chicken Zoodles. With avocado being all the rage right now for Paleo, LCHF followers, and basically everyone on a health kick, I had to try that substitution for these!
If you prefer to watch how to make it, here is the video on my YouTube channel…
Replacing heavy cream from traditional alfredo with avocados, you’re guaranteed a beautiful thick and smooth sauce. Add in the typical freshly grated parmesan cheese, almond or skim milk and a hint of lemon juice to prevent sauce from browning; it is completely optional but adds a nice kick of flavour. PLUS! Adding in the reserved oil from your sun dried tomatoes adds amazing extra flavour!
Process in a food processor for two minutes!
And you’ll end up with the best sauce you’ve ever tried with avocado.
Once your chicken and sun dried tomatoes are mixed together, and the sun dried tomatoes begin to release their beautiful rustic flavours, add in your zoodles and cook for a further 3-5 minutes, until they just begin to soften. Don’t leave them sitting in the hot pan for any longer than that, or the zucchini will begin to release an abundance of water.
Pour in your ‘alfredo’ sauce and prepare to be amazed!
Creamy, light, healthy, and incredible.
You could drizzle this sauce over pasta for an ultra indulgent dinner!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 4 medium-sized zucchini , spiralized
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk (or almond milk to lower calorie count)
- Salt to season
- 1 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional to prevent avocado browning)
- 1 tablespoon reserved sun dried tomato oil
- 500 g | 1 lb chicken breast fillets (or thighs), cubed
- 3/4 cup (150g | 5 oz) sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and oil reserved
- Extra parmesan cheese to garnish
- Mixed Italian herbs to garnish (oregano, basil, parsley) -- adjust to your tastes
- Combine the avocados, garlic, parmesan cheese, milk, salt to your tastes, oil and lemon juice in a food processor bowl. Process until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Add reserved oil to a preheated nonstick pan or skillet on medium heat. Fry chicken until sauté until beginning to change colour. Add sun dried tomatoes and fry together with the chicken until chicken is browned. Add the zoodles; mix through chicken and tomatoes; and allow to cook through for 3-5 minutes, or until just beginning to soften (don't leave them too long or a lot of water will be released from the zucchini). Pour the avocado sauce over the top and stir through until warmed.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese and mixed herbs.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.