Avocado Alfredo Zoodles With Chicken And Sun Dried Tomatoes. A delicious no guilt dinner. Rich, thick and creamy thanks to a healthy avocado alfredo sauce without the use of any cream! Healthy fats, low in carbs, and absolutely delicious. Packed with sun dried tomatoes and chicken, even non veg fans will love this! Make it non-dairy, the choice is yours.
With the perfect combination of protein, healthy fats and low carb count, these Alfredo Zoodles are so filling!
All up, this takes about 10-15 minutes to make, depending on the type of zoodle maker you have! Once you have your zoodles ready, cooking goes by so fast you’ll be eating before you know it.
A few of you have been asking for a healthier cream in those Creamy Sun Dried Tomato + Parmesan Chicken Zoodles. With avocado being all the rage right now for Paleo, LCHF followers, and basically everyone on a health kick, I had to try that substitution for these!
If you prefer to watch how to make it, here is the video on my YouTube channel…
It all starts with a zoodle maker. I use this Veggetti, but you can use an Inspirilizer or even a Julienne Peeler!
Replacing heavy cream from traditional alfredo with avocados, you’re guaranteed a beautiful thick and smooth sauce. Add in the typical freshly grated parmesan cheese, almond or skim milk and a hint of lemon juice to prevent sauce from browning; it is completely optional but adds a nice kick of flavour. PLUS! Adding in the reserved oil from your sun dried tomatoes adds amazing extra flavour!
Process in a food processor for two minutes!
And you’ll end up with the best sauce you’ve ever tried with avocado.
Once your chicken and sun dried tomatoes are mixed together, and the sun dried tomatoes begin to release their beautiful rustic flavours, add in your zoodles and cook for a further 3-5 minutes, until they just begin to soften. Don’t leave them sitting in the hot pan for any longer than that, or the zucchini will begin to release an abundance of water.
Pour in your ‘alfredo’ sauce and prepare to be amazed!
Creamy, light, healthy, and incredible.
You could drizzle this sauce over pasta for an ultra indulgent dinner!
Avocado Alfredo Zoodles With Chicken + Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 4 medium-sized zucchini , spiralized
Avocado Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk (or almond milk to lower calorie count)
- Salt to season
- 1 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional to prevent avocado browning)
- 1 tablespoon reserved sun dried tomato oil
- 500 g | 1 lb chicken breast fillets (or thighs), cubed
- 3/4 cup (150g | 5 oz) sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and oil reserved
- Extra parmesan cheese to garnish
- Mixed Italian herbs to garnish (oregano, basil, parsley) -- adjust to your tastes
- Prepare zoodles first with your zoodle maker (I use a Veggetti). Set aside.
- Combine the avocados, garlic, parmesan cheese, milk, salt to your tastes, oil and lemon juice in a food processor bowl. Process until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Add reserved oil to a preheated nonstick pan or skillet on medium heat. Fry chicken until sauté until beginning to change colour. Add sun dried tomatoes and fry together with the chicken until chicken is browned. Add the zoodles; mix through chicken and tomatoes; and allow to cook through for 3-5 minutes, or until just beginning to soften (don't leave them too long or a lot of water will be released from the zucchini). Pour the avocado sauce over the top and stir through until warmed.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese and mixed herbs.
adriana alfaro says
My bf and I use this site as a go-to for date night dinners. We made this tonight and cleaned our plates! So much for having leftovers. We ate it all in one meal. It was so quick and easy. and the sauce had more flavor than I was expecting. I bought a veggetti and it worked great. one thing I didnt realize was that the zoodles do cook down a bit so I used 3 zucchinis thinking it looked like a lot but really we ended up not using all the sauce so it wouldn’t drown our zoodles. Will def make this again.
So glad that you both loved this recipe! It is one of my favorites as well. Thank you for sharing and for following along with me! xo
So for the past 4 weeks I’ve been using your site for my families dinner inspiration! We haven’t been disappointed yet…
Tonight the avo alfredo with zoodles was on the menu !! And it was DELICIOUS !!! So impressed with all we have had so far can’t wait to try more they are all easy meals and taste excellent thank you !!
I wanted to make this recipe, since it looks delish! But I only have sun dried tomatoes not packed in oil, can I use those and sub in regular olive oil instead?
Yes that’s fine Krista !
Is there a way you can substitute possibly unsweetened almond milk for the regular skim milk? I cannot have dairy but was interested in trying this!
Hi Lauren! Yes, absolutely!
Hi Karina! I’m practicing some of your recipes because I’m going back to work and need some easy go-to dinners. Can the zoodles and sauce be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge to be put together later, or will the zoodles give off too much water and sauce go brown?
Hi Aman. No, I wouldn’t suggest making this recipe in advance! The zoodles tend to release a lot of water when defrosting, and the sauce ill definitely be browned. Plus, the flavour isn;t the same with this recipe, after a few days. Even when frozen. I hope that helps!
Can you replace the skim milk with heavy cream? Skim milk is just…I have no words.
Hi Minnie. Yes, absolutely.
Mindy Barrett says
Made this tonight it was a huge hit! Thank you
I’m so happy to hear that Mindy! And you’re very welcome 🙂
Recently discovered your site and you’ve got me hooked. Making your meatballs for dinner this week, and I love seeing another recipe with sun-dried tomatoes– IMHO we don’t see enough recipes with this flavor packed ingredient. Anyway, you are amazing, and the queen of healthy comfort food. Thanks for the great recipes!
Hey Ginny! Wow thank you for that compliment! And yes bring on all the sun dried tomatoes. How good are they? You’re very welcome. Thank you so much for commenting!