One Skillet Thai Chicken Thighs + Noodles — all in one pan. When I first thought of this idea, I thought it would be way too complicated with too many steps. But, it’s so easy and ready in 35 minutes!
The end result is sticky and juicy chicken thighs smothered in a beautiful Thai inspired marinade, served WITH Thai-style Rice Noodles packed with so much flavour made in the one skillet (or any non-stick pan if you don’t have a skillet) for less washing up! Who’s in?
Normally with Thai food, there are only two things we all order. Satay Chicken Skewers (which I will be posting soon), and Pad Thai. And I’ve been wanting to transform these Sticky Thai Chicken Wings into thighs for a while now. However, including real Noodles (instead of Zoodles aka Zucchini Noodles) into this recipe is a game changer. Of course, you CAN use Zoodles if you’d like to keep this recipe lower in carbs. For today, I wanted the comfort of carbs.
The sticky stir fry sauce also doubles as your marinade. No need for two separate sauces and extra complications. Just whip up one batch and divide it; use one part as a marinade while the other part is simmered over stove top until it thickens into the perfect glaze/stir fry sauce.
I recommend preparing the rice stick noodles following the packet instructions while your chicken is in the oven (during the last 10 minutes of baking), and rinsing them in cold water once they’re soft. By that time, your chicken will be ready. Or, to keep things even more simple, use instant plain Pad Thai noodles that don’t need any heat to soften.
To stir fry your noodles, remove the chicken from the pan and stir fry the prepared noodles in your prepared sauce. This step takes about 2 minutes! Then, mix some of the remaining glaze throughout the noodles and place the chicken back into the pan. Garnish with crushed peanuts, sliced red chilli and green onions (you can also add in chopped coriander but we were all out), and another one pot wonder is ready to hit your table.
This One Skillet Thai Chicken Thighs + Noodles recipe is one of those recipes you lick all your fingers without a care in the world.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 6 chicken thighs, skin-on and bone-in*
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- 1 cup Thai sweet chili sauce (use sugar-free for lower carb)
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar, or brown sugar (use brown sugar substitute for lower carb)
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame (or peanut) oil
- 6.5 oz | 180 g rice stick noodles, prepared to package instructions (usually boiled for 5-6 minutes)
- ¾ cup bean sprouts
- 1 large grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F.
- To prepare the glaze, combine all of the glaze ingredients in a deep bowl; whisk until combined. Pour about 2 cups of the sauce into a small, non stick saucepan and reserve for later (you need only ¼ cup of sauce for the marinade).
- Trim any extra skin and fat from the chicken thighs. Place the thighs into ¼ cup of marinade and toss to evenly coat.
- Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet over high heat and sear the thighs on both sides until browned (about 4-5 minutes each side).
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake until cooked through (about 25-30 minutes). Change your oven settings to grill or broil, and broil for an extra 3 minutes, or until the skin is caramelised and slightly charred. They will look shiny from the glaze.
- While the chicken is in the oven, bring the remaining glaze to a simmer on low-medium heat, until the sauce bubbles up and begins to thicken (it should take about 3-5 minutes).
- In the last 10 minutes of the chicken cooking time, prepare the rice noodles to package instructions (usually placing them into a bowl and covering in boiling water for 5-6 minutes until softened).
- When the chicken is golden and crispy, remove from the oven; transfer to a warmed plate and keep warm by lightly tenting with foil.
- Drain half of the excess chicken fat from the skillet and remove any charred pieces (this is optional). Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add one cup of the glaze with the prepared noodles. Stir fry for about a minute to combine, add in the bean sprouts and carrots; stir fry for a further minute or two.
- Remove from heat; place the chicken back into the skillet over the noodles.
- Garnish with the green onion slices, red chilli and sprinkle with the crushed peanuts. Serve with the remaining glaze!
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.