Strawberries ‘n’ Cream French Toasts
If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll definitely notice a pattern. I love french toast. It’s probably leaning more towards an addiction. But! I don’t care. Because I’d be happy to go to any french toasts annonymous group, and cook up more french toasts!
And if there’s one thing I love doing, it’s transforming my humble french toast int a decadent dessert for breakfast. Because really, what’s better than starting your day with dessert? See? That’s what I thought.
To feed my cravings and desires, and my midnight dreams of cheesecake and french toast…I decided it would only be fair to my tastebuds to infuse them both. So I did. Just.Like.That. Only of course, a low fat version!
Do you see the creaminess stuffed into that sandwich of heaven? Now this is why my tastbuds were partying at 9am this morning.
Strawberries 'n' Cream French Toasts
Weight Watchers: 7pp per serve!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened low fat/almond milk
- 1 tablespoon natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup low fat (or fat free) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon (extra) natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 10 sliced strawberries (enough to cover two toasts)
- 4 pieces of bread of choice (I use sourdough because I love it, but you can use anything your heart desires)
- Whisk the egg, milk, sweetener/sugar and vanilla together in a shallow bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and the (extra) sweetener/sugar. Spread all pieces of bread with the cream cheese mixture, and add the sliced strawberries to one slice of bread. Top with the second piece of bread and gently press the edges down to 'seal.' Repeat with remaining bread.
- Dip the sandwiches into the egg mix, one by one, and turn to coat.
- Heat a non-stick pan with cooking oil spray over low-medium heat.
- Fry each sandwich for about 3 - 5 minutes on both sides or until golden brown and cooked through.
- To serve, dust with (optional - but not really) icing sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.
Sue Holliday says
I am confussed about the bread is it 2 slices per sandwich or is it 4 slices stacked on one another. Can you e
xplain better please
You basically make a sandwich with the cream cheese + strawberries as your sandwich filling. This recipe makes 2 sandwiches…. each using 2 slices of bread. Hope you find this helpful:)
Kathy Line says
Oh my gosh this looks so good I could lick the screen! I will try this.
I love looking at your recipes for inspiration, particularly the french toasts! I recently went on holiday to Barbados and they had amazing Caribbean spiced french toast. The problem is, I’m just not sure what bread to use to make them really good. You said you use sourdough – do you make it yourself? A recipe or brand suggestion would make my day. Thanks for being so inspiring! xx
Oh wow Barbados! beautiful! No I don;t make my sourdough, I buy mine from a local baker 🙂 I hope that helps?
[email protected] says
I can eat this for almost every meal!!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
This strawberries and cream french toast is basically my dream breakfast.. words cannot express how delicious it is! Thanks for the recipe, you can consider that I will be recreating it!
Oh I’m so happy to hear that!! And you’re welcome! Xx
Made this for a group of friends and it was such a hit! Your recipes are so delish!
Cafe Delites says
That’s so awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing with me! I’m so happy to read this! Xxxx