Strawberries ‘n’ Cream French Toasts
If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll definitely notice a pattern. I love french toast. It’s probably leaning more towards an addiction. But! I don’t care. Because I’d be happy to go to any french toasts annonymous group, and cook up more french toasts!
And if there’s one thing I love doing, it’s transforming my humble french toast int a decadent dessert for breakfast. Because really, what’s better than starting your day with dessert? See? That’s what I thought.
To feed my cravings and desires, and my midnight dreams of cheesecake and french toast…I decided it would only be fair to my tastebuds to infuse them both. So I did. Just.Like.That. Only of course, a low fat version!
Do you see the creaminess stuffed into that sandwich of heaven? Now this is why my tastbuds were partying at 9am this morning.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 7pp per serve!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened low fat/almond milk
- 1 tablespoon natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup low fat (or fat free) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon (extra) natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 10 sliced strawberries (enough to cover two toasts)
- 4 pieces of bread of choice (I use sourdough because I love it, but you can use anything your heart desires)
- Whisk the egg, milk, sweetener/sugar and vanilla together in a shallow bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and the (extra) sweetener/sugar. Spread all pieces of bread with the cream cheese mixture, and add the sliced strawberries to one slice of bread. Top with the second piece of bread and gently press the edges down to 'seal.' Repeat with remaining bread.
- Dip the sandwiches into the egg mix, one by one, and turn to coat.
- Heat a non-stick pan with cooking oil spray over low-medium heat.
- Fry each sandwich for about 3 - 5 minutes on both sides or until golden brown and cooked through.
- To serve, dust with (optional - but not really) icing sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.