Margarita Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Stuffing boneless and skinless chicken breasts with all of the typical pizza toppings transforms plain old chicken into a beautiful low carb pizza! So simple to make don’t you think?!
And the mozzarella cheese just oooozes out when you cut into these!
So simple to make! And a sure fire HIT with the family!
Each ‘pizza’ is 247 calories!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 4 small boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons garlic flavoured tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese balls , sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots/scallions
- 1 tomato , diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking oil spray
- Combine mozzarella, shallots/scallions, tomatoes and basil in a small bowl.
- Cut a horizontal opening along the front, long edge middle of each chicken breast, nearly through to the opposite side, to open like a book.
- Spread the breasts with 2 teaspoons each of tomato paste. Divide the margarita cheese mix into 4 and place it in the center of each breast.
- Close the breast over the filling, and secure the edges with a couple of toothpicks either side. Sprinkle the breasts with salt to season.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on one side (about 5 minutes). Turn the chicken over and fry for a further 5 minutes until browned.
- Lower heat, cover pan and allow to cook until cooked through.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.