Gingerbread French Toasts
What a way to wake up! So gourmet and decadent! And so diet friendly it’s hard to believe this was ‘diet food.’
Throwing gingerbread flavours into the French Toast egg wash to make these beautiful toasts made for a perfect breakfast. And I normally don’t like ginger, but in these?! YUMMM!
My son forces me to buy him gingerbread cookies everytime we go grocery shopping. It’s like a tradition…or a ritual. And I don’t mind since they’re baked fresh daily at the local bakery.
Well, I had one sitting on the kitchen bench top. The smell of gingerbread making me all dizzy and light-headed. I was planning on a scrambled egg breakfast, but my brain couldn’t get over the fresh gingerbread aroma.
So…the gingerbread won. My imagination went into over drive, and created these.
These taste JUST like gingerbread cakes or cookies. No joke. Dead serious. And so simple to make.
Topped with a drizzle of honey and crunchy pecan pieces made it all the more decadent!
Just how I like it. My tastebuds were having the time of their lives.
This was by far one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever made.
Including the toppings:
15g Protein | 8g Fat | 46g Carbs | 2g Fibre
Weight Watchers 8pp!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 pieces of bread of choice (I love sourdough)
- 1 whole egg
- 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXC5G56/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00IXC5G56&linkCode=as2&tag=cafedeli-20&linkId=LBIFNEY6RLHZTFBC">Natvia Natural Sweetener</a><img src="https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=cafedeli-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B00IXC5G56" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /> /sugar of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon <a target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&index=aps&keywords=ground%20ginger&linkCode=ur2&tag=cafedeli-20&linkId=A73CYROETRXQNLIU">ground ginger</a><img src="https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=cafedeli-20&l=ur2&o=1" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />
- 1/2 teaspoon <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ASCX3I/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001ASCX3I&linkCode=as2&tag=cafedeli-20&linkId=PKT56GQIAFEOD5J6">ground cinnamon</a><img src="https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=cafedeli-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B001ASCX3I" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />
- Whisk the egg, milk, sweetener/sugar, ginger and cinnamon well.
- Dip bread (one at a time) into egg wash.
- Cook both toasts on a nonstick pan sprayed with cooking oil spray until browned on both sides.
- Top with a drizzle of honey and 2 crushed pecans for extra crunccchhhh
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.