Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Bacon will become your NEW favourite way to enjoy Sprouts! Low Carb and Keto WITH VIDEO!
Sautéed creamy Brussels Sprouts and bacon oven baked in a cheesy garlic sauce topped with bubbling mozzarella and parmesan cheese! This recipe is guaranteed to convert ANY sprouts hating fan to fall in love (me included)!
The comments speak for themselves.
Normally we can’t stand Brussels sprouts. When I see a sprouts recipe, I run in the other direction while pinching my nose. RUNNN.
But these? These creamy sprouts are SO GOOD! I’m now a true convert…because sautéed Brussel sprouts with bacon swimming in delicious sauce filled with garlic and parmesan? Delicious!
HOW TO COOK BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BACON
Frying bacon in a skillet and sautéing sprouts in the some of the leftover bacon fat with some butter added in starts these sprouts off in the right direction. Then throwing them together with the following ingredients guarantees delicious sprouts even kids go crazy for!
- Garlic ✔
- Cream ✔
- Mozzarella Cheese ✔
- Parmesan Cheese ✔
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY SPROUTS TASTE GOOD!
The combination of garlic and parmesan can make anything taste good, really. Play around with the cheese options by swapping out mozzarella for other another type of cheese. Some options include Provolone, White Cheddar, Gruyere, or even Swiss.
To make the sauce even thicker you can add in a cornstarch slurry (cornstarch mixed with water before adding into the sauce) or use heavy cream if you’re looking for something richer.
Even though this is not a traditional oven roasted sprouts recipe as we start the cooking process in a pan first, we finish them off in the oven to allow the cheese to melt through the sauce and create a perfectly golden top.
Easy Creamy Brussel Sprouts on VIDEO!
MORE BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPES!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- 10 ounces (300 g) bacon, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds (1 kg) Brussel sprouts, washed, (trim bottoms and cut sprouts in half)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (400 ml) light or heavy cream, (thickened cream)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water (cornstarch slurry -- optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded or grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C.
- Fry the bacon in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the oil. Set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon fat from the pan, leaving about 1-2 tablespoons for added flavour (adjust this amount to your liking). In the same pan, melt the butter, then add the Brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook while stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes. The edges should start crisping and slightly charring.
- Add in the garlic and stir it through the sprouts for a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the cream, reduce heat down to low and allow them to simmer until tender (another 3-4 minutes).
- If the cream is too thin for your liking, add in the cornstarch slurry, stirring it through immediately, until combined.
- Add the bacon in and give everything a good mix to combine all of the flavours together. Top the sprouts with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Bake until cheese is bubbly and sprouts are done to your liking (about 15 minutes). If you like your cheese browned, change oven settings to broil for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- Season with a little extra pepper, if desired, before serving. You can also sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, thyme or rosemary.