Chicken Sweet Soy Stir Fry
Well, it’s kinda no secret how much I LOVE quick and simple. And stir-fry’s are at the top of the list when it comes to fast and those, ‘I need to eat NOW!’ moments. Um.. yep that would be me always…
Add in a splash of sweet soy sauce…and my secret cheats weapon: barbecue sauce, and this meal is a mm-mm-mmm HITTTT!!! Like salt ‘n’ pepa, betcha bottom dolla you work best under preshah! I know you feelin’ me *in my best Brooklyn accent*.
I’ve been so busy working ‘behind the scenes’ on this blog, that I’m almost always running out of time to cook by the end of the day, like road runner with no road to go. The chicken was lookin pretty sad and lonely stuck in the sink – well over defrosted, when I realised OOPS. No dinner! Well, the words that came to mind weren’t G rated, but who really cares? I got up. I chopped up. I fried up. And dinner was done in under 20 minutes.
The great thing is, the rest of the family can have this with rice or noodles, which are quick to prepare on their own. But, I love this as it is. With the crunchy veggies and beautify flavours in the chicken, I don’t miss rice AT ALL!
- 6 boneless chicken thigh fillets (fat and skin removed), cubed
- 1 onion
- 3 green shallots/scallions , chopped (ends trimmed)
- 1 red capsicum/bell pepper , sliced
- 1 broccoli , sliced into florets
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kecap Manis
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Heat a large non stick pan or wok over high heat with coconut cooking oil spray.
- Add the chicken and pan fry until turning golden and crisp.
- Add all of the vegetables, and stir fry the ingredients quickly. Reduce heat to medium heat and add all of the sauces.
- Stir to combine and cook until vegetabes are done to your liking. We like ours crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside!