Creamy Champagne Chicken is elegant and easy, impressive for any occasion and a family favourite! Perfect for weeknights or weekends, this recipe makes any one feel special!
Creamy Champagne Chicken… Honestly, champagne and chicken at their best!
Here’s a confession: I don’t drink champagne. The taste of it doesn’t agree with my sugar charged taste buds. BUT in THIS recipe? YES! New fan over here, waiving my arms in the air. Champagne lovers will definitely love this creamy sauce with a good kick of champagne, just as much as us non-Champagne loving folk. Yes, really. But what happens if you don’t have Champagne at the ready? Never fear, friends: any sparkling white wine works just as deliciously good..
One thing that I can guarantee is that this Creamy Champagne Chicken is going to blow your mind! Champagne gives this dish an unmistakable delicate flavour. Adding milk instead of heavy creams creates a silky creamy sauce with less fat, simmered with chicken and sliced mushrooms. Serve over a steaming bowl of rice or pasta, or with steamed vegetables.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally to make four fillets
- Salt, to season
- 14 ounces | 400 grams sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 large french shallot, finely chopped (normal shallot for U.S readers)
- ½ cup (about 130ml) champagne (or sparkling white wine)
- ⅔ cup milk (or heavy / thickened cream)
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (corn flour) -- only if using milk
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet of pan over medium heat. Season each chicken filet with a pinch of salt. Sear chicken on both sides, for about 3-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness), until golden all over. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Fry the mushrooms in the butter and fry for a further 3-5 minutes, or until just beginning to soften. Transfer to the same plate as the chicken. Cover and keep warm.
- Add the shallot into the pan and cook for 4 minutes, while occasionally stirring. Pour in the champagne; stir well, while scraping any food bits from the bottom of the pan for added flavour. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add milk (or cream) and simmer for 2-3 minutes. If using milk: mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of water; pour into the centre of the pan and mix throughout the sauce until slightly thickened.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms into the sauce along with any cooking juices. Coat in the creamy sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.