Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Fried Cabbage Recipe
Fried Cabbage with bacon cooks in no time! An incredible low-carb and Keto approved side dish or main!Perfect for your meal plans, fried cabbage is an easy throw-together recipe. Enjoy it on its own or as a side to go with buttery cauliflower mash, roast chicken, pork roast, or a juicy pan seared Steak with a mushroom cream sauce.
Servings: 4 serves as a side
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 large head green or red cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon, (or seasoned salt)
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, (I use Slap Ya Mama) or smoky paprika
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Transfer bacon to a plate with a slotted spoon. Do not discard bacon drippings.
Sauté the onion in the bacon grease until the onion caramelizes (about 8 minutes). Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds).
Stir in the cabbage and cook for a further 8 minutes while stirring occasionally. Season with the bouillon, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning (or paprika).
Mix bacon into the cabbage to warm through and serve.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g