Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Oven Fried Tempura Batter Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with a Teriyaki Sauce
Crispy fried Tempura flavoured Shrimp/Prawns wrapped in fresh crisp lettuce leaves and coated in a beautiful Teriyaki sauce.
Weight Watchers: 6pp per serve (about 10 shrimp including soy sauce)!
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 clove garlic, minced)
- 1 head lettuce of choice (I use Iceberg), rinsed and leaves separated
- 1 carrot , grated
- 1 red capsicum/bell pepper , grated
Use THIS RECIPE
for the crumbed shrimp.
While they're oven-frying, make your Teriyaki sauce:Combine all of the Teriyaki sauce ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and gently simmer until the sauce has thickened.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 27.4g | Protein: 24.6g | Fat: 3.1g | Fiber: 0.8g