Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Baked Brie Bites
Baked Brie Bites are perfect appetizers with 4 flavours to choose from! Maple Bacon, Garlic Butter Herb, Apricot Walnut and Cranberry Sauce!
Servings: 24 baked brie
- 1 (8 oz | 250 g) tube crescent dough, (or 2 sheets of puff pastry, semi-thawed)
- Nonstick cooking oil spray, for pan
- Flour, for work surface
- 1 (8 oz | 250 g) wheel of brie
- 6 teaspoons whole berry cranberry sauce, or cranberry jelly/ jam
- 6 teaspoons cooked diced bacon, (or bacon bits)
- 6 pecans, halved lengthways
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 teaspoons apricot preserves, (or jam)
- 6 teaspoons crushed walnuts
- 8 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves torn off stem
- Salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to season
Preheat oven to 375° (180°C). Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out crescent dough and pinch together seams. Cut into equal 24 squares. Place squares into muffin tin holes.
Cut brie into 24 small pieces and place inside the dough cups.
Top as follows:
CRANBERRY BRIE BITES:
A spoonful of cranberry sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
A spoonful of cooked diced bacon, 2 pecan halves and a drizzle of maple syrup. Season with pepper.
A spoonful of preserves and crushed walnuts. Season with a pinch of salt.
GARLIC BUTTER HERB:
MIX the butter and garlic together. Top each bite with just over 1 teaspoonful of garlic butter mixture and 2-3 rosemary leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake until the crescent pastry is golden, (about 10-15 minutes).
CRESCENT DOUGH: roll pastry out into a 10 x 14-inch rectangle. Cut the sheet lengthwise into 6 even strips, then crosswise into 4 even strips. You should have 24 squares. Separate and press each square of pastry gently into each muffin cup.
PUFF PASTRY: Use 2 sheets of semi-thawed puff pastry. (Semi-thawed is easier to cut.) Cut each pastry sheet lengthwise into 3 even strips. Then crosswise into 4 even slices. You should have 12 pieces per puff pastry sheet (24 in total).
BRIE: Make sure to cut the Brie into 24 equal pieces (about 3/4-inch or 2cm pieces).
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Iron: 1mg