Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Mozzarella Chicken (Low Carb Chicken Parma)
Easy Mozzarella Chicken is a low carb dream! Seasoned chicken simmered in a homemade tomato sauce, topped with melted mozzarella cheese! A 20-minute Low Carb Chicken Parmesan WITH NO BREADING! You don't even MISS a crispy crumb on this chicken. It is SO good!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 5-ounce (150 gram) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fire roasted pepper, (fire roasted capsicum), chopped
- 15- ounces 425 grams crushed tomatoes, OR tomato puree (Passata)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, garlic and herb flavoured if possible
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes OPTIONAL
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
Arrange oven shelf to the middle of the oven. Preheat broiler (or grill in Australia) on medium heat.
Season chicken with 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken on both sides until browned and cooked through (about 8 minutes each side). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
Cook the onion in the same pan until transparent (about 3-4 minutes) scraping any browned bits form the bottom of the pan, then add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the fire roasted pepper (or capsicum), crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, crushed red pepper flakes (if including) and remaining Italian seasoning. Give it a good stir to mix well.
Bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken while stirring occasionally (about 4 minutes).
Arrange the chicken in the sauce and top each breast with 2-3 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese per breast. Transfer to the oven to broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese in browned and bubbling.
Garnish with parsley and serve.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 629mg | Potassium: 1025mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 935IU | Vitamin C: 21.9mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 3mg