Add to Collection
Go to Collections
The BEST Teriyaki Beef Meatballs
Easy Teriyaki Beef Meatballs are smothered in a thick and easy to make homemade Teriyaki sauce! So versatile, these Teriyaki Beef Meatballs can be served as a main meal with steamed rice and veggies OR as an appetizer! The BEST part? Get your oven to do the work for you!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time27 mins
Servings: 40 meatballs
- 2 pounds (1 kg) ground beef mince (or pork, chicken, turkey)
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs, (or regular breadcrumbs)
- 2 eggs
- 2 scallions or green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking Sake or Shaoxing, (Chinese wine or dry sherry)
- Pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 teaspoons)
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or more. (Adjust to your preference of spice)
- Sesame seeds
- 1 green onion finely sliced
FOR THE MEATBALLS:
Mix together all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl until well-combined. Spoon out 1 1/2-inch of meat mixture with a cookie scoop (or tablespoon), shape into balls and place onto 2 large baking sheets or trays lined with baking or parchment paper.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden browned and cooked through.
While the meatballs are baking, make your sauce!
FOR THE SAUCE:
Heat a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Whisk ALL of the sauce ingredients together (except cornstarch and water mixture) in the pan until well blended. Bring to a simmer, pour the cornstarch mixture in and give it a quick good mix until it dissolves into the sauce. Continue cooking until sauce thickens, while stirring occasionally to prevent burning or sticking on the bottom of the pan (about 5 minutes).
When meatballs have finished cooking, pour 3/4 of the sauce over them and toss gently to evenly coat. Transfer the glazed meatballs to a serving dish or tray.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onions (if desired), and serve warm with toothpicks or mini forks, and with remaining sauce for dipping.