Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Potato Salad with Bacon, Eggs and Dill Pickles
Potato Salad with Bacon, Dill Pickles, Eggs, HALF the carbs AND a creamy mayo/sour cream dressing! This Potato Salad is THE BEST side dish! HALF of the carbs of regular potato salads with SO MUCH FLAVOUR! The recipe also includes LOW CARB AND ALL CARB OPTIONS!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 serves
- 2 pounds (1 kg) potatoes, skin on or off*
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into 2-inch florets**
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dill pickles, sliced (or chopped)
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled, peeled and quartered (optional)
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon, sliced or chopped
- 3/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise (low fat or full fat)
- 3/4 cup sour cream (reduced fat or full fat)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Chop the potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Boil potatoes with cauliflower florets in a pot of salted water until both are tender (about 10-15 minutes). Drain and allow to cool completely.
In a large salad bowl, combine the potato, cauliflower, onion, pickles, celery and 1/4 cup of green onion. Toss to combine well.
In a smaller bowl, mix together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad, mixing through until completely coated in dressing. Taste test and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Refrigerate before serving.
When ready to serve, top with remaining green onions, bacon and quartered boiled eggs. Garnish with extra dill leaves (optional). (You can also add about 1/4 cup chopped pickles on top to decorate.)
*LOW CARB OPTION: To make this salad completely low carb, replace all potatoes with 1 extra head cauliflower.
**ALL CARB OPTION: For a regular potato salad with all carbs and no cauliflower, replace cauliflower with 1/2 pound/500g extra potatoes.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 4.5mg