Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chili Lime Texas Caviar (Cowboy Caviar)
Chili Lime Texas Caviar (also known as Cowboy Caviar) is the BEST salad, side dish or appetiser for any occasion! Vegan AND gluten free!
Servings: 10 serves
- 15 ounce (400 grams) can black eyed peas/beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce (400 grams) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce (400 grams) can sweet corn rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper (capsicum), finely diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper (capsicum), finely diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, , halved (or cherry tomatoes or 2 Roma tomatoes)
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- ⅓ cup Cilantro (or parsley), finely chopped
CHILI LIME DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, (freshly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes, adjust to your preference of spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Veggie sticks Nacho chips, Tortilla chips, etc
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together to combine. Set aside.
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a smaller bowl, until well combined.
Pour dressing over salad, stir through, and serve with chips or veggie sticks.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 243mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 875IU | Vitamin C: 28.2mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2.5mg