Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Banana and Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Weight Watchers 3pp per muffin
Servings: 19 muffins
- 3 ripe bananas , mashed really well
- 2 Tbs (40g) light butter/coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites (1/4 cup liquid egg whites)
- 5 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups spelt flour: I used 1 cup wholemeal and 1 cup white (but you can substitute with plain or all purpose flours)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice (I use dark chocolate)
- 1/4 cup (extra) chocolate chips of choice
Preheat oven to 180°C | 360°F.
Spray 2 muffin trays
with spray oil and wipe over with paper towel.
In a large sized bowl, mix together all wet ingredients.
Add dry ingredients, mixing again, but be careful not to over beat the batter.
Fold in blueberries and chocolate chips.
Pour 1/4 cup batter per muffin into each muffin cup and top with extra chocolate chips.
Bake in pre-heated oven for approximately 25 - 30 mins, or until muffins are golden brown on top and cooked through when tested with a toothpick
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.6g | Protein: 3.5g | Fat: 2.7g | Fiber: 1.4g