Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Grilled Pizza Panini
The mother of all grilled cheese recipes! Pizza grilled cheese made with pizza bases instead of bread and one of the best pizzas you will probably ever put in your mouth! And only takes 10 minutes to prepare and cook -- from start to finish.
Weight Watchers: 12pp per Panini!
- 8 thin mini pizza dough bases
- 2 tablespoons Pizza Tomato Paste (or Pizza Sauce), divided
- 2 tablespoons roasted red capsicum/pepper paste (optional, but it guarantees a great flavour; if you don't have this just replace with extra tomato paste), divided
- Italian dried herbs mix (oregano; basil; parsley; thyme, etc)
- 12 slices Pepperoni , divided (or more -- adjust to your tastes)
- 8 thin slices Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil spray
Preheat your Panini Maker
; Sandwich Press
or George Foreman Grill
according to manufacture instructions. (Or use any of the other cooking methods mentioned above in this post).
Lay each pizza base down on a work surface. Spread both the pizza tomato paste/sauce and the red capsicum/pepper paste on each pizza base; sprinkle with the Italian herbs.
On only four of the bases, layer with the pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and/or pepper (optional). Place the remaining four bases over each pizza to create a sandwich. Spray your Panini/Press machine with cooking oil spray, and lightly spray the outer sides of each sandwich (or brush over with oil). Place onto the Panini/Sandwich maker and cook until the pizza crust turns golden and the cheese on the inside has melted through.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 64.2g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11.3g