Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Browned Butter Honey Garlic Salmon
Browned Butter Honey Garlic Salmon is a great way to change up any salmon dinner! Only 3 main ingredients in under 15 minutes!
ORIGINAL RECIPE BY KARINA, CAFEDELITES ©
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 serves
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) honey
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced*
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (or juice of half a lemon)
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets (about 1/2 pound or 250 grams each), skin off or on
- Lemon wedges (to serve)
- Salt, to taste
Arrange oven shelf about 8-inches away from heat element in your oven. Preheat your oven to broil (or grill in Australia).
Place butter in a cast iron skillet (or an oven-proof frying pan if you don't have a skillet). Cook over medium heat, stirring and swirling pan occasionally for about 3 minutes, or until the foam settles; the butter begins to change in colour to golden brown and has a nutty fragrance.
Pour in the honey and let it dissolve into the butter. Then add in the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add in the lemon juice; stir well to combine all of the flavours together.
Add the salmon steaks to the butter in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there's any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Add the lemon wedges around the salmon. Transfer the pan to your oven to broil / grill for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the tops of the salmon are nicely charred.
To serve, drizzle with the reserved brown butter sauce. Serve with steamed vegetables; over rice or with a salad.
*For a mild garlic taste, use 2 cloves. For more flavour in your sauce, use 3 cloves!
Oven Baked Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 410°F (210°C).
- Follow Steps 2-3 as above.
- At Step 4 when adding the fillets into the skillet, transfer to oven to bake for 4 minutes (depending on the size and thickness of your fillets).
- Broil (or grill) for 2 minutes to get nice charred edges.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 853mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.4mg