Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Strawberry Cheesecake Donut Holes
Lightened up soft and fluffy Strawberry Cheesecake Donut Holes, filled with sweet strawberry and creamy cheesecake filling! Enjoy with no guilt!
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 2 per donut hole
- 1 cup self raising flour (or plain/all-purpose flour/s)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (white, raw or coconut sugar)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- (1/2 teaspoon baking soda if using plain or all purpose flour/s)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or canola or melted coconut oil)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or low fat/skim milk)
- 1/4 cup sugar (or mild tasting sweetener) for coating
- 1/3 cup (70g | 2 12 oz) reduced fat cream cheese (block or spreadable)
- 2 tablespoons powdered (icing) sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam or jelly (or topping if you prefer)
Preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Spray a 24-count mini muffin pan
with cooking oil spray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside. Alternatively, use a cake pop tray
or cake pop maker
In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
Spoon the batter (about 2 teaspoons) into each muffin hole, filling to to ¾ full. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden in colour and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a donut comes out clean. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes. While they're still warm, gently roll each donut hole into the sugar until evenly coated.
While the donuts are baking, make the cheesecake filling. Combine the cream cheese together in a small bowl with the sugar. Beat until smooth and combined. Add the strawberry jam,jelly or topping and mix through slowly until creating an almost marble/swirl effect (if using jam, make sure any bigger fruit pieces are removed before using, or they will get jammed in the nozzle).
Fill a piping bag with the cheesecake filling, and using a narrow nozzle, fill each donut with the strawberry cheesecake until they puff up and expand (not too much or the donuts will overflow).
Calories: 52.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.4g | Protein: 0.9g | Fat: 1.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Fiber: 0.1g