Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Piccata
The ultimate in gourmet comfort food with parmesan cheese, garlic and a creamy lemon sauce, this Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken is out of this world.
Servings: 4 people
For The Chicken:
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4
- 2 tablespoons flour (all purpose or plain)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter (or oil)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth (stock)
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream (or evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers (plus 2 tablespoons extra to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice -- juice of 1 lemon (adjust to your tastes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and parmesan cheese. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 teaspoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter has melted and pan is hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side and cooked through and no longer pink (about 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer onto a warm plate.
Add the garlic to the oil in the pan (spray with a light coating of oil if needed) and fry until fragrant (about 1 minute). Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the broth and cream.
Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer; season with salt and pepper to your taste; add in the parmesan cheese and capers. Continue cooking gently for about 2 minutes until thicker. (If the sauce is too runny for your liking, add the cornstarch/water mixture into the centre of the pan and mix through fast to combine into the sauce. It will begin to thicken immediately).
Pour in the lemon juice, allow to simmer for a further minute to combine. Add the chicken back into the pan, allow to simmer gently in the sauce for about a minute to soak up all of the flavours in the sauce.
Serve with the sauce over pasta, steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles or rice. Top with extra capers to garnish, lemon slices and parsley.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 933mg | Potassium: 359mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 14.8mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 0.9mg