Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy Baked Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms & Bacon
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushroom Chicken & Bacon is packed full of flavour for an easy, weeknight dinner the whole family will love! AN ORIGINAL CAFEDELITES RECIPE
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 6 people
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 6 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on or off)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
FOR THE CREAM SAUCE:
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 7 ounces (200 g) diced bacon
- 14 ounces (400 g) sliced brown mushrooms (Cremini)
- 1 cup heavy cream (OR half and half)*
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt, only if needed to your taste
- Extra chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Fresh shaved or grated parmesan to garnish
BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
Arrange chicken on a plate. Combine together the olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a jug. Rub the oil mixture over the chicken to completely coat.
Heat a large oevn proof pan or skillet over medium high heat. Sear the chicken, skin-side down first, until skin is crisp and golden brown. Rotate and sear the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).
Transfer to oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
Once chicken is done, remove from skillet; set aside. Pour out HALF of the chicken juices left in the pan.
Using the same skillet the chicken was in, fry the garlic in the reserved chicken juices over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the bacon and fry until just beginning to crisp. Add in the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to soften.
Pour in the cream, chicken broth and Parmesan. Let simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Season with pepper. Taste first before adding in any extra salt, as the bacon will add the salt.
Add the chicken back into the pan; allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes in the cream to take on the flavours.
Garnish with parsley and shaved or grated parmesan, if desired. Serve over rice, pasta, or steamed/grilled vegetables.
- If using cream: Thickened cream, heavy cream, light or reduced fat cooking cream are all fine to use. If you prefer a thicker sauce, whisk together 1 level teaspoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cream until lump free and well blended. Add the mixture into the cream sauce, while stirring continuously, until thickened.
- If using half and half: Bring to a gentle simmer; whisk 2 teaspoons of cornstarch into 1-2 tablespoons of *extra* half and half; pour cornstarch mixture into the centre of the pan; stir continuously until the sauce thickens and becomes a 'cream'.
Nutrition facts are calculated based on skin-on, bone in thighs, and heavy cream.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 1035mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 196mg | Iron: 1.7mg