Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Authentic Chimichurri (Uruguay & Argentina)
Authentic Chimichurri from Uruguay & Argentina is the best accompaniment to any barbecued or grilled meats! Also used to serve as a dressing on salads!
Servings: 8 people (as a side)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3-4 cloves garlic , finely chopped or minced
- 2 small red chilies , or 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon finely chopped chili)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 level teaspoon coarse salt
- pepper , to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours into the oil before using. Ideally, let it sit for more than 2 hours, if time allows.
Chimichurri can be prepared earlier than needed, and refrigerated for 24 hours, if needed.
Use to baste meats (chicken or steaks) while grilling or barbecuing. We don't use it as a marinade, but choose to baste our meats with chimichurri instead. However, you can use it as a marinade if you wish. Also, add a couple of tablespoons over your steak to serve.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 61mg | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 21.5mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.5mg