Add to Collection
Go to Collections
The Perfect Egg Salad
The most perfect, creamy Egg Salad with the best dressing will tick all of your egg salad loving boxes! Serve up a special egg salad with a delicious mayo dressing filled with fresh dill, chives, Dijon mustard and creamy horseradish!
Servings: 6 people
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery, (or dill pickles)
- 1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise, or Japanese mayo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of paprika
Carefully add eggs to a large pot. Fill pot to cover eggs with cold water at least 1-inch above eggs.
Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat. Let boil for 1 minute, then cover with lid and remove from heat. Let the eggs stand in the hot water for 10-12 minutes. DO NOT LIFT OR REMOVE LID.
Transfer eggs to a bowl filled with cold water and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Peel eggs and chop into quarters.
Transfer chopped eggs to a medium-sized serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Gently fold in mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, horseradish, celery, chopped herbs and a pinch of paprika. Taste test and adjust seasonings, if needed.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g