Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy Buttery Tuscan Gnocchi Recipe
Soft, tender pillows of gnocchi enveloped in a full-flavoured cream sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic and fresh basil. Creamy Tuscan Gnocchi is the ultimate comfort food all cooked in one pan!
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 tablespoons butter, (or olive oil)
- 1 brown shallot, chopped (or 1 small onion)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound (500 g) uncooked potato gnocchi, (the dry packaged gnocchi -- not fresh)
- 1/2 cup jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, (reserve 2 teaspoons of the jarred oil for cooking)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, (thickened cream or half andf half)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil, (or parsley)
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and sauté shallots until transparent, about 2 minutes. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the gnocchi and let sear in the butter for a minute. Add the sun dried tomatoes and reserved oil. Cook for a further minute to release flavours into the gnocchi.
Pour in the chicken broth, cream and Italian herbs. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together and reduce heat to medium. Cover pan with lid and let cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in the spinach leaves and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
Stir through parmesan cheese and chopped basil. Let simmer for a further minute or until gnocchi is soft, cooked through and the sauce has thickened to your liking.
Season with a little extra salt & pepper, if needed, to suit your taste.
Add uncooked dry gnocchi as it cooks right in the sauce! The starch released from the gnocchi thickens the sauce perfectly while cooking.
*The sauce thickenes as it cools. If not serving immediately, add extra cream or chicken broth just before serving to thin it out a little.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 21g