Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Shrimp Boil smothered in garlic butter and Old Bay seasoning made easy in the oven. Ready in 30 minutes, this shrimp boil recipe comes fully loaded! Slices of smoked andouille sausage with tender-crisp shrimp, sweet juicy corn and creamy potatoes. Add even MORE flavour and serve straight out of the oven with a drizzle of extra garlic butter, parsley, green onions and lemon wedges.
Servings: 6 serves
- 1 lb. (500g) baby potatoes, (red or yellow)
- 4 ears corn on the cob, cut crosswise into 4 pieces each
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup melted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lb. (500g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 oz (350g) smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped green onions
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges for serving
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet or tray with nonstick cooking oil spray or a smear of butter.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook potatoes and onion wedges for 5 minutes. Add in corn, mix through and continue boiling until potatoes are just tender, (about 5-7 minutes). Drain well.
Arrange cooked potatoes and corn on prepared baking sheet with shrimp and sausage.
Mix together melted butter, olive oil, garlic and Old Bay seasoning in a small bowl. Pour over the butter mixture and gently toss until all ingredients are evenly coated.
Bake until shrimp are opaque and cooked through and corn is tender, about 10 minutes. Broil (grill) for 1-2 minutes for crispy edges.
After baking, mix an extra 2 tablespoons melted butter with 1 clove minced garlic. Pour over the shrimp and lightly mix through with 2 spoons.
Top with pepper, parsley and green onions. Serve on the table with lemon wedges, a tin of Old Bay for extra seasoning and hot sauce.
Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g