Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy White Turkey Chili
Have any leftover turkey or chicken? Turn it into a nice warm bowl of White Turkey Chili! Thick and Creamy White Turkey Chili, filled with cannellini beans, turkey (or chicken), onion, garlic, herbs and spices. The perfect hearty recipe for the day after Thanksgiving, when you have so much meat left you don't know what to do with!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 6 serves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 quart (litre) chicken stock or broth
- 2 oz canned chopped jalapeños or green chilies (adjust to your heat preference or leave them out)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds (1 kg) cooked turkey meat or chicken, shredded
- 3 x 15 ounce cans cannellini beans or white beans
- 3/4 cup half and half (evaporated milk or heavy cream), divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a pot over medium-hight heat; sauté onion until soft. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
Stir in stock or broth, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add turkey (or chicken) and beans; simmer for 5 minutes.
Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup of half and half, evaporated milk or cream. Stir into the chili. Add in remaining cream, mixing well to blend.
Take off the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust spices and heat to suit your taste.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 423mg | Potassium: 606mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4% | Vitamin C: 17.8% | Calcium: 4.3% | Iron: 13.6%